Each year the Fair Queen winner serves as a community ambassador for the Albion Area Fair for the coming year. The Albion Area Fair Queen Contest is an annual event that we are proud to have on opening night of the fair each year. The contest has had many changes over the years especially since the Pennsylvania State Fair Queen Contest began in 1987.
● Be between age 16-20 as of June 1st of the year entering contest
● Reside in Pennsylvania
● Have at least one entry in any department at the Albion Fair
● Be single, never married, have not been pregnant nor given birth
● May not have previously held the title of Fair Queen (local or PA State) nor held any other title for another commodity group or pageant including another local fair queen during her reign as Albion Fair Queen or Jr. Miss.
● Must act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen Behavior Policy as well as the Dress Code set forth by the Pa Fair Queen Program
The state contest is held each year in January. All contestants for the PA State Fair Queen must apply through their local fair and follow the rules set for by the State Fair Queen Committee.
STATE COMPETITION FAIR QUEEN RULES AT THE STATE COMPETITION:
1. The girls will be judged on: Poise, Appearance – Two casual outfits – Neatness, Ability to Communicate (speaking ability), and Knowledge of the fair industry.
2. A written essay will be required to be submitted on: “What My Fair Means To Me” (300 words or less).
3. Must present at the state competition a 3 to 5 minute speech on “Why You Should Come To My Fair.”
4. Will compete in the state competition which will be held in January.
5. All contestants will receive an individual gift and the winner and the alternate will each receive cash awards. The honor of reigning as the Pennsylvania Fair Queen will be for a period of one year. The cash awards will be in the form of higher education scholarships and will be presented upon verification of enrollment from the higher education institution.
6. All contestants must apply through their local fair.
It is a requirement that local fairs follow the rules set forth by the State Queen Committee in order to have a contestant in the state competition. It is the responsibility of the fair or the individual contestant to pay for the expense involved in attending the state competition in January.
Junior Miss contestants will follow the same judging criteria as the Queen contestants. The crowned Junior Miss will have the opportunity to attend Fair Week events alongside the Fair Queen and Alternate.
● Be between age 12 and 15 as of June 1 of the year entering the local contest, and reside in the Northwestern School District
● Have parental consent to participate in the Junior Miss Pageant.
● Must act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen Behavior Policy as well as the Dress Code set forth by the PA Fair Queen Program.
We are so grateful for the support of Albion Moose Lodge #381/481 who are committed to helping area youth and building stronger, healthier communities.
THE MOOSE FRATERNITY- An International Organization of Men and Women Dedicated to Caring for Young and Old, Bringing Communities Closer Together, and Celebrating Life.